Dryer Vent Dangers – Plugged or restricted
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are sparked every year by clothes dryers. Lint and other debris can build up in your dryer vent, reducing air flow to the dryer, backing up dryer exhaust gases, creating a fire hazard.
Plugged Dryer Vent Dangers
Signs that your dryer vent may be plugged, blocked, or obstructed by excess lint:
- Clothing still damp after normal cycle is finished. .
- Drying time for clothing takes longer than 35 to 40 minutes in duration.
- A musty odor left on Clothing after a cycle.
- Clothing seems unusually hot after complete cycle has finished.
- Debris is noticed within the outside dryer vent opening.
- Excessive heat coming from the dryer while it is in use.
- Large amounts of lint build up in the lint trap while the dryer is running.
- You lint and debris around the lint filter for the dryer.
Have your dryer vents checked regularly to minimize the risk of fire. Contact a local dryer vent or air duct cleaning professional if you are unsure or to schedule service.
Bright & Sunny Premium Cleaning offers Dryer Vent Cleaning, Air Duct Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Tile & Grout Cleaning, Power Washing, Odor Removal, Fire & Water Restoration, and New Construction Cleaning services. Call for a free/no obligation estimate or inspection.
Serving the following Iowa Cities with Dryer Vent Cleaning: Odebolt, Sac City, Early, Ida Grove, Storm Lake, Cherokee, Holstein, Galva, Correctionville, & More.